02 August 2005

Yes, I see you and yes, I am number one

Sometimes we do things behind people’s backs when we’re convinced they can’t see us doing it.

Sometimes, we’re brave enough to try it even in front of people who are so engrossed in what they’re doing that they can’t see us doing it.

A group of school kids was once this brave, flicking V-signs and the finger at bicyclists they happened to pass. I happened to be one of the cyclists and was not impressed when I saw what they were doing.

I gave them the sign that I alone was number one. Then of course, the bus sped off. When I pulled up behind the bus later at a set of lights, there was the row of school kids still at the window with rather sheepish looks on their faces.

We exchanged waves and parted friends. Don’t you just hate happy endings?

1 Comments:

At 11:33 am, Blogger jazrul said...

I happened to be one of the cyclists and was not impressed when I saw what they were doing.



web design

 

Post a Comment

<< Home