04 August 2005

Don’t wish too hard for what you want….

Naked ambition is truly formidable. The lengths to which those so highly motivated will go to achieve their goals is even more intimidating. Reaching their objectives is never in doubt for people driven so but what awaits them at their journey’s end?

Let’s take me, for example. I want to become famous. I want to have heaps of people crawling over this blog. I want them to pick over every little piece of it and to laugh, wince, frown or burst into tears as appropriate. I want to be good at what I do.

Notice how wanting to be good comes last?

In short, I want to one day be one of the Big Names of the blogosphere.

Me: Mommy, when I grow up ya, I want to be a blogger!
Mommy: * Pengsans *

Let’s say in the coming years, this all comes to pass. Plink’s reach has become all-pervasive. People wet themselves rolling on the floor with legs up in the air, laughing at my witticisms. Netizens scream in horror at some of the darker observations, standing or sitting awkwardly if those observations refer to the more delicate bits of human anatomy. Friends cheer my victories and mourn my losses. They wait with bated breath, wearing out the ‘refresh’ button as they yearn for the knowledge of how my latest date has turned out.

What would life be like in this future land of plink? If I get what I want, will it be all that I have hoped for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home