29 March 2006

Fashionista! Cry Out For Me In The Maldives

A lesser-known derivative of the opera LBita opens this weekend. The abridged script follows the journey of a fashion victim wracked by guilt over the vacuous life she has lived. In a few short days on vacation in the Maldives, her life changes forever.
Albie Lloymaikai Webber and Camayron Mackintosh’s Really Hamsup Productions Company present Fashionista! A story of love, ambition, redemption and forgiveness.

Audience reaction from its first run:
LBita with all the hamsup bits taken out.’ Au N. Tie [smiling]
LBita with all the hamsup bits taken out.’ C. Ko Peck [glum]
‘How come no bad language and fighting wan?’ A. H. Beng
‘Eeyerr… why so angmor wan? How about fashions from Japan and Korea and…?’ Ho W. Lian
‘Must watch LBita first, then watch this wan.’ plink

Cry Out For Me In The Maldives

*to the music of Don't Cry For Me Argentina*
[strings/violin and horns intro]

This is quite silly, it feels so strange
Though I know that our friends are close by
It’s so quiet it seems that we are all alone
Why do you watch me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she’s dressed up to the nines
Here in the Maldives with you

We could just let it happen, why don’t we change
My surgeon has made a new nose
And with help from the botox
I now look twenty-one
Now I have freedom
Running around trying everything new
But something was wrong all along
I needed someone you know

Cry out for me in the Maldives
And I swear I’ll never leave you
All through my wild days, my maddest dress-sense
And when I wear heels, help keep my balance

And shoulder pads and the gold lame
Like dresses buried in sequins
I have been in them all; they were all I desired
They are illusions, they’re not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
Please save the fashion victim in me

Cry out for me in the Maldives

Cry out for me in the Maldives
And save me from fashion madness
Like six-inch platforms, and 80s Big Hair
And I’ll be yours now, and go the distance

Have I said too much,
There’s nothing more I can think of to say to you
But there’s the bed and there’s the furry handcuffs so you know
That every word is true


Also coming from Albie Llormaikai Webber, in conjunction with the Really Hamsup Production Company and Camayron Mackintosh, the song cycle T**w Me On A Sunday, featuring the hit single Take That Hamsup Look Off Your Face....

16 Comments:

At 4:16 pm, Blogger may said...

LOL!!! the Fashionista victim has spoken... or sung, rather! oh the sparkling sequins, the shoulder pads, the kill-me-quick 6-inch platforms...

encore, encore!!

 
At 5:04 pm, Blogger L B said...

"Stunning! Absolutely a must! Just the shoulder pads alone will make you reach for the tissues.. Camayron Mackintosh really reaches those highs with her tonsils."
- The LB Times

 
At 5:44 pm, Blogger plink said...

may: Fashionista victim indeed. Leg warmers, flares... I'll stop before my age starts to show.... :)
LBtimes: Yayy! *clapclapclap* Hooray for the producers! Viva LBita!

 
At 11:12 pm, Blogger L B said...

~ thus Camayron's current sore throat....*G*.. and swallowing lemons trick..

 
At 4:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa...terrorist...

*still in awe*

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger Tan Yee Wei said...

Nice!

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger plink said...

SAm, angel, YeeWei: Thanks!
LB: Hopefully may is feeling better with the lemon-and-honey recipe that 'somebody' gave her. It's worked for me before. ;)
SAm: You do a mean TweetyBird
angel: Are you putting me together with LB, may, yourself, FantasyFlier, keatix and co. in the Axis of Hamsup?

 
At 1:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wuahh....i go missing awhile the hamsupness has come over u, plink??? NNNOoooooooooooooooooo... *exclaims dramatically*

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger L B said...

{{{{{{{{{group•hamsup}}}}}}}}

 
At 2:00 am, Blogger plink said...

Disclaimer:
If you have read this far and have not yet gone blind, you're probably over 18.
If you HAVE gone blind, what are you still doing here?! Especially with LB's {{{{{{group.hamsup}}}}}}....
LOLOLz
Yvy: This means I am now part of the Axis of Hamsup. But we only operate a civilian hamsupness programme, promise.... ;)

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger L B said...

**Tong Chiang**

 
At 5:50 pm, Blogger L B said...

***How do you wear your undies?***

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger plink said...

LB: Like everyone else... inside. How about you?

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger L B said...

not telling

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger plink said...

That can only mean....
*shock/horror*

 
At 4:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Petunia double cascade mix http://www.latina-pussy-0.info Vintage renwal dollhouse furniture Used cell telephones donation chrysler 300c umax ppc Sex toys cucumber Pre recorded prepaidlegal answering service Looking body kits celluar calling plans Freeware para ppc ppc+program Oxycontin order.html kia sedona San diego culinary schools hair removal products interracial online dating Closeout womens hiking boots Large all natural boobs Seap debt counseling clomid Seizure medications and cipro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home