20 February 2006

Something big this way comes....

...And it isn't me.

Lately, I'd been getting the feeling that one or more very large events are headed my way. This feeling was borne out in the last few days, by two things in particular.

One projects at work which was plodding along has suddenly gained momentum. I find myself in a headlong rush to do five, maybe six things in one go.

Yet another project is in danger of spiralling rapidly out of control. In my direction too! Though if I can ride it out and make things work I get to look seriously good.

The first project is staffed by a bunch of tremendously good people and my boss is watching out for me. I am the leading the second project, but that is scant comfort as that we are a group of recalcitrants and... what's the plural for prima donna? The two teams could not be more different.

Then there are the conferences to present at, where industrial cross-examination is not only expected, it is a requirement.

It isn't all bad: that wonderful swarm of ideas around me is getting brighter again. That has got to be a good thing.

Somehow though, it feels like there's more yet to come. Is this a good problem or a bad one?

Edit:
Tripped over this while reading Fireangelism:

plink --

[noun]:

A poltergeist sent back in time to change the course of history forever



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com

This probably explains why I have feelings and vibes about the future. Scary.

8 Comments:

At 7:48 pm, Blogger L B said...

Primi Donne.. plural, I think :-)

This is an excellently terrible problem. You'll cope with flying colors, no doubt.. knowing the plinkadelic..

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger plink said...

LB: Thanks for the Italian (mmm...). Am keeping my fingers crossed. All sorts of scary but good things about to happen, I can feel it.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger plink said...

SAm: Some days, I wonder if making things... interesting might be the best way forward. The heavens know I'm tempted. ;)

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger Selba said...

dear plink.... why I become in threes??? *wondering*

 
At 7:33 pm, Blogger plink said...

selba: Oops, just an oblique reference to your Saturday's post. I try to keep the links current. Nevermind, I change it again. :)

 
At 6:54 pm, Blogger Selba said...

Hahaha... ok, I got it... :) whoa, you really good, keeping links in a current status, well, I just deleted my links since last week....

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger plink said...

Yes and it looks like everyone is making all sorts of references to why Selbas Come in Dozens: check out LB's page. ;)

 
At 6:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home