01 July 2006

Delapan Kasih, Delapan Kisah, Bahagian Kelima

This next part of my meme of eights is a little different than most....

Eight times of my life to revisit, just for fun

My swimming lessons. For a round-shaped plink, I was very surprised to find that I sank like a stone. I did not enjoy it at first, but when I made up my mind to have fun I started to get better at it. I’m sure there is a lesson in there somewhere.

Graduation day. It was bright, it was sunny and the ceremony was stupendous.

In the middle of SPM, I went out after one exam paper to hang out with some friends. pMom and pDad grilled me afterwards though….

The first time I went out clubbing. In Malaysia, we have the expression, ‘Bagai rusa masuk kampung,’ (Like the deer entering a village) which was an accurate description of my first ‘proper’ night out. I was gawking at everything: the people, the fashions, the bright lights. All this, before I had anything to drink....

I once went to a ballroom dancing class. What was I thinking?! Obviously, thinking was the one thing that I had not been doing. It would have been better had I two left feet. Fully half the conversation that night was me saying, ‘Oops,’ ‘sorry,’ or words to that effect. I had never been so embarrassed. So why on earth did I go for salsa lessons later that year?

Earlier this year, some people I worked with staged a play.
It was a team-building exercise. It was hard work.
iRranted, iRaved.
iThreatened, iBegged and iMuttered darkly in equal measure.
i... Would do it again next year, given the chance.
iWonder why? *wry smile*

My last day at school, if only to remember what ‘anticlimax,’ means.

The end of Form One, Sains Paduan (Integrated Science) class. Thirty of us were sat in a lab with our amali (practical) exercise books in front of us. Only one page remained between us and the next year. Looking slightly nervous, our teacher said, ‘Open your books to the last page, please.’
It was the chapter on the birds and the bees….

I wonder if anyone has past times to share or to revisit?

23 Comments:

At 5:49 am, Blogger L B said...

Hahaha, that is all brilliant again! You continue to amaze me.. especially that last line.. 'the birds and the bees....'

 
At 6:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this lapan I like veli veli much! *grin*

you went for a ballroom dancing class? oooh... let's tango, plinkydink!

*puts on dancing shoes*

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger plink said...

LB: Yah, thanks! But it was true! There was a chapter on reproduction or 'pembiakan.' Interesting things just don't happen to me. If this is not interesting, what are everybody else's experiences like? What about yours? ;)

may: Yes, but one class only. Did more salsa though. Is it me or are there never enough men at ballroom/salsa classes?

*puts on dancing shoes*
*extra careful*

OK, set! Let's tango orso!

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Winn said...

i have long term memnory loss..so most of the time i cant remember what i had done before. hehe. poor me! i'm like the dory fish in finding nemo!! but i like ur meme! keep it up keep it up!

 
At 4:53 am, Blogger Tan Yee Wei said...

"practical exercise books"
"the birds and the bees"

So fun! We of the later generation did not get to learn about the birds and the bees till Form 3 (chapter 1).

And we definitely did not have a practical. I so envy you!

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger plink said...

winn: Thankyouthankyouthankyou! If your memory fails, why not make it up? You write well orso wut....

LC: The practical part of the lesson was seeing how red our teacher could get in the face while answering our questions. The coward told us to fill in the blanks and stalled until our bell rang for recess....

 
At 11:43 am, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

i was here last nite but not able to "share"...
i will come here again later tonite...

;)

 
At 5:51 pm, Blogger plink said...

SA: Aww.... I think I feel another meme coming.... ;)

angel: Shareshare, yes please! But you can say other things also... liuliuliuliu!

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Hey, does that mean I can call u sifu when one day I fatt hao go clubbing?? :-P

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger plink said...

helen: fatt hao go clubbing? Can..! But why sifu? I can only do the rusa masuk kampung part oni....

 
At 1:46 am, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

plinku... hv to take another rain check... damn liuzzzzz... can wait still, rite?

* h u g h u g h u g *

 
At 2:18 am, Blogger GFAD said...

So what happened after you had a drink on your virgin clubbing night...???

You have been tagged, but since you are still doing your lapans, I give you more time...

 
At 5:24 am, Blogger plink said...

Goodnite angel...! *sprinkle TungKu dust*

ka..t: Tagged again? OKOKOK... but I think may clash with one of the next remaining eights a bit, hor?

 
At 2:20 am, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

I've decided to twist it further... hope u don't mind...

I don't wish to revisit the time when he ditched me for his clerk.

I don't wish to revisit the time when he said that he didn't feel the same for me.

I don't wish to revisit the times when daddy had to go come to KL for work every now and then.

I don't wish to revisit the time when daddy had to go to Austria for half a year.

I don't wish to revisit the time (just once) when mummy caned me.

I don't wish to revisit my first day in the uni, walking all over the uni to register myself and at the end of the day, sleeping in the dorm with 2 other ladies whom I don't know, on a foreign double-decker.

I don't wish to revisit the day I failed my motorcycle licence! *LOL* I went and langgar the tiang. So malu!

Finally...
I don't wish to revisit the day I found out that he was someone's husband...

ps: I'm gonna try Rock & Roll class at the gym this week :D
1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock rock...

 
At 2:49 am, Blogger plink said...

angel: Wah, interesting twist on the revisiting theme.
Aiyoo... my first day at uni also the same. Merayau-rayau-blur-sotong oni....
You must have been very naughty to get caned (once). I kena all the time.... *innocent look-blink-blink*
Langgar tiang pulak! *smacks forehead* But you OK right? No injury? Psst... your motorbike number 8383 izit?
Yah, pDad had to spend time away at work when I was a little plink. Didn't like it then either.

And for the rest....

T I R A M I S U H U G L I U L I U L I U L I U

 
At 4:41 am, Blogger Tan Yee Wei said...

Tiramisu hug?

On the topic of food... I am looking this wicked page now. Recipes for chocolate truffles!

So easy somemore. I'm going to do this one day...

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger plink said...

First ka..t, now you. Why the sudden food obsession? o.O
But oh, they do look delicious.

*rumbling tummy*

 
At 9:24 pm, Blogger Tan Yee Wei said...

Hmm... its probably a sign. A sign of what, I don't know.

 
At 8:11 am, Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

hmmmm places to revisit?
ALL my motorcycle tours...sigh...

 
At 6:45 pm, Blogger plink said...

LC: Sign, here?
FF: Yes, but where? ;)

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

Kuantan
Penang
Hatyai
Songklha
Kota bahru
Cameron Highlands
Genting Highlands
Desaru and beyond
Mersing/Air Papan

Lumut/Pangkor - this was memorable, I toured Pangkor island on a brokedown, barely moving, needed leg power assistance uphill on a Honda Cub!

Kuala Lumpur - being given a police excort thru the city, some places on the wrong side of the road!

and finally the Triangle:
JB-Mersing-Kuantan-Kota Bahru-Grik-Penang-Ipoh-KL-Meleka-JB

darn I miss those days

 
At 11:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Lowest cost health supplements Laser hair removal prices guidelines

 
At 12:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home