16 August 2005

plink am world champ!

I became world champion last night. It had been a long, painful struggle. Major sacrifices of time and effort were necessary. Long hours spent in training, days spent poring over game plans and months of planning were finally vindicated last night.
The competition were all good at what they did too. It was a pleasant surprise when I found that I could lift my game to meet the challenge. All pretenders had to stand aside and yield to a superior artist.
On the podium, my joy and relief were joined by gratitude toward the many people who had helped out, giving their time and effort. Partners and rivals alike helped make me who I had become: the best.
The best. Not just the best at school, state or nationally; not internationally, within discipline or age group; best in all the world.
Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home