25 December 2005

A Faraway Christmas Morning

Once upon a time, in a land just beyond a PLUS toll plaza was a kingdom of unmeasured wealth. The people lived in contentment and joy. Presiding over the kingdom was a king (of course), his queen (check) and a little plink (we’ll explain in a sec).

One morning plink went down to a nearby stream to play. The goldfish that were there rose as plink approached. The queen was already there, feeding the brightly coloured fish in the light of the new day. Sunlight glinted in splashes of colour off of mirrored scales as the fish went joyously about their feeding.

‘The fish are very pretty, Mother,’ plink observed. The queen nodded her agreement, then added, ‘Look. Here comes your father.’

The king joined his family at the waters edge. After contemplating the serenity of his surroundings, he took up his fish feed.
Then he said: ‘Come, children. Limpeh hor lu jiak!’

LIMPEH HOR LU JIAK?!?! o_O

Wakakaka!! ROTFLMShoesOffSomeoneBuyMeAnotherPairPleez

pDad does have a way with words.... ;)

A very Merry Christmas to everyone!

7 Comments:

At 4:00 am, Blogger L B said...

o no, not another pair!

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger plink said...

Hi jobyrivers! Merry Christmas to you too. Hope you've had a good one. (Hangovers all round at the plink household).
l b: :) Took me a while to get over pDad's phrasing. This is the same pDad who gave the Dome cafe a much more accurate name. Doom Cafe is an accurate description of what it does to our chequebooks, no? ;)

 
At 5:31 am, Blogger L B said...

LOL, how accurate!!! Doom Cafe! I love it! I must spread the word... But, I have a confession; I didn't understand what was LIMPEH HOR LU JIAK.. Translate? :-)

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger plink said...

Limpeh: I/Me. Hor: to give unto. Lu: You. Jiak: Eat.
Come children. Limpeh hor lu jiak: Contrast between refined start and slightly jarring Hokkien finish.... ;)

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger L B said...

Ok, thanks - I still blur blur a lot, can't speak hokkien leh! But I know what eat is! I hear it very often when in the company of starving friends..

 
At 7:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first thing that came to mind was...OMG, is linpeh THE blogger ur dad???? after reading finish then i realise my mistake. hehe... =P

 
At 12:15 am, Blogger plink said...

LB: Okay mar... My Cantonese is awful, but I get by.... Besides, Cantonese is a whole lot more useful than Hokkien, no?

Yvy: Wakaka!! ROTFLMCoffeeOutOfNose! Linpeh the blogger isn't pDad, but he still very-the-cool. I wonder if he'll agree to be pDad2...? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home