26 May 2006

Ten Simple Pleasures, oh yes....

Only ten? Why only ten? In any case, AhWongKor tagged me and I'm going to have to do this the hard way....


1. That parking space you can easily pull into, just in front of the shop you wanted.

2. Making noise with friends. Lots of noise (not what you think)

3. Blue skies. If you look long enough into a blue sky, you get this feeling that it goes on forever.

4 .Chocolate. Preferably dark, though I like white chocolate too….

5. Ice Cream. Vanilla is nice, but I won’t turn away chocolate ice cream.

6. Chocolate Ice Cream. See?

7. A pair of shoes that fits perfectly and accidentally finding that your clothes actually flatter your figure. These two usually go together. Ever notice that when you get your shoes right, your clothes tend to make you look nicer too?

8. Coffee. Freshly-brewed, please. When it’s dark and murky; when, if the light catches it just right, there’s that multicoloured oil-slick on the surface; when it swirls like treacle and you half-worry that something unseen will burst forth from the inside of the coffee cup; that’s when it’s been brewed right. Shaking hands guaranteed for the rest of the day….

9. Dancing. There’s something about bodies moving that does it for me, though not exactly the way may puts it…. ;)

10. Rain. A thunderstorm is pretty exciting, but nothing beats a light shower. It’s cooler and there’s that wonderful sound of rain coming down: very nice for a nap.

11. Laughter. Laughter has saved my sanity, I guess. Maybe it’s because laughing feels so good.


What do you mean I’ve done eleven already? No tags. It looks like everyone else has already had a go. It's been fun. Let's do another one!

19 Comments:

At 6:56 pm, Blogger L B said...

chup first

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger L B said...

I have always worried when I see some oil slick on my coffee.. I would think someone has been dipping some oily object into it.. but now, with your disclosure, I will always look at those oil slicks in a different light! *dips oily thing into my coffee*

Thanks for doing this TAG from me! This has been one of your more readily saner posts too! I think I understood almost everything, except for that bit about lots of noise.

 
At 7:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff, good stuff! I like rain too. and blue skies. and everything nice. :)

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

*salsas into DelimaKasih*

psst psst... wot dansu u do, huh?

Ditto with AhKor's words... very sane today...

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger plink said...

LB: Bcos hor, I have had my medicine today.... *sillygrin*
Noise? Get a lot of people together... Bkworm has the term for it.... Lau Juak!

may: Weather's nice, so why complain, hor? :D

angel: *stage whisper* Acherly ar... dunno how to dance wan. So I luanluanlai make it up as I go along!

Very sane ar? Nemine, I 'forget' my medicine for a while, should become more 'interesting,' to read.

MUAHAHAR....

 
At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah!!!! You're insane!!! But we love ya!!!

 
At 8:19 am, Blogger plink said...

LB: Hmm... look! My medicines for tomorrow....
*lobs it in the bin*
*waits for fireworks....*

SAm: These are all really nice flavours of ice cream too. Maybe we could do a list of all-time best ice cream flavours. Y U M S

 
At 8:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya-lah..very sane, this post..sometimes I feel like I'm reading word verification or something!! LOL But, boring to be sane all the time, no?

I also love staring at the blue, blue sky...especially like lying on the beach and stare at the sky from day to night..from blue skies to red to the stars at night...can't see much in the big bad city..too many artificial lights..

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

Medicine?? Not laughter meh? U said, Laughter has saved my sanity wan...

*inspects the Blue Pill in the bin*

Ei, dun bluff... tis one not yr medicine, ok...

Lu sukak ha mik phiau eh ais krim? Wa eh favourite si Haagen Daaz! Rum Raisin! Eh pengsan!

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger plink said...

ka..t: Kekeke.... sunsets are very nice, especially when shared. The artifical lights in the city are also nice to look at.... Are we thinking of the same lights?

Word verification? Fnjio bcvoipa bf ravoijfp uoaew? Kvbif a uvfuidsba anwuds!

angel: Sshh.... Blue pill to remain in the Matrik-si, red pill...? Haagen Dasz eh Caramel kar Praline zhin ho jiak or....
Anneh kuai pengsan?!


*fans the angel*

AhWongKor! Quickly, quickly bring some of your special Durian-brand smelling salts!

 
At 4:08 am, Blogger rainbow angeles said...

*wakes up fast-fast*

ei, lu out of town? lu khi ta lok?

 
At 4:16 am, Blogger L B said...

*splashes lulian-brand smelling salts*

I hate WORDVERIFICATION ~ if I didn't love your insanity so much I would boycott you.. and kidnap you.

 
At 2:57 pm, Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

laughter makes the world go round...weeeeeeeeeeeeee

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger plink said...

angel: Sshh... it's a secret.... Teruk betul! Out of town at work!

LB: Waitlar... next time I clean up around here I'll switch it off and see if any more spammers try come around. Yvy!Kak Y, pinjam kayuh sampan kejap, ye?

o_O...K I D N A P ? !

Now then....

FF: Hahahah... Weeee.... indeed! :D

 
At 5:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo_OOOO

Watersports!!!

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger Helen said...

#5 - Ice cream.. vanilla? Hahaha I'm more of a vanilla fan than you! (pls dun confuse with Vanilla Ice the rapper...:-P) Not only I eat vanilla, I wear 'em as well!! lol

 
At 8:06 am, Blogger plink said...

LB: *splashsplash*

helen: I thought Vanilla Ice included in your definition wan? How about the infamous Jalan Dato' Vanila Ais near Jaya Supermarket?

 
At 11:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info world extension aftershave perfume extracts porsche cayenne vs tourag washington state univesity scholarships Purchas e fluoxetine best lose program weight Botox muscle royall lyme aftershave Advisor financial software

 
At 8:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Ionamin without prescription or consultaion Tennis warehouse oklahoma city Sde effects from quitting smoking t shirts Inspirations wedding invitations Blakeman plumbing and heating

 

Post a Comment

<< Home