19 April 2006

The Blog(u) 22: Incoming

Busy pink lightning swirled and crackled inside the little cottage as plink scribbled furiously at her desk. Half-seen, half-felt, ghostly images of the little one faded in and out of existence, dusting, sweeping and putting away the laundry. Humming quietly to herself, plink prepared her blog for its opening day.
The little cottage shook gently as another blogtree took root. Wreathed in that strangely coloured lightning, a shoot sprang from the ground towards the gloriously bright sun above. Branches appeared, then disappeared as plink edited her entries. Leaves, few at first then growing ever more, spread shade under that tree.
Pausing briefly to sip at Misai’s Brew, plink continued her busy work. With a sweep of her hand, a half dozen grey moths were set free. Then she sneezed.
Paying little attention to the six fiery comets that ricocheted between the walls, the floor and ceiling, plink continued to sip at the brew and write. So intent was plink on what she was doing that the surface of Misai’s Brew rippled unnoticed.
plink wrote, it rippled.
plink edited, it rippled.
plink noticed. It rippled again.
plink stopped. Another ripple.
Then she felt it: a footfall. Misai’s Brew rippled yet again. A shadow fell over the little one. She turned and came face to face with Kucing Gatal.
‘Hi plink. I heard you were opening your blog and wondered… did you want any help?’

5 Comments:

At 5:02 am, Blogger L B said...

Dear plink, I am so lost, I need a compass, and I need a dictionary, and I need a toothpick, and I need some matches, and I need help...

 
At 8:16 am, Blogger may said...

*sends an SOS signal to plink*
I think I need some ripples sent my way...

 
At 4:11 pm, Blogger plink said...

Oi... you both OK ar?
Wait ah, I drop by your blogs first....

 
At 1:09 am, Blogger Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

err errr errrr *busy catching up*

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger plink said...

SAm: No, not at all. A bit of abstraction, really. I just happened to remember a number of things from KG's entries as I was writing mine. Too much coffee also, I think.... ;)
FF: It's OK: we're always here. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home